INTRODUCING DARLING GREEN ECO LIFESTYLE ESTATE
(Photos of the Entire farm prior to development, not of the actual individual plot as each may vary)
Darling Green Estate is perfectly situated in the quaint town of Darling, and its a one of a kind fully -fledged green development. Offering a host of exceptional amenities within the estate and in its immediate vicinity. Purchases can build their dream homes whilst enjoying a wholesome country lifestyle. Welcome to Darling Green Estate, one of its kind.
Located in Darling, Western Cape - this is a one of a kind green development, situated within the Swartland District municipality, which was voted the last 2 years running as the greenest district municipality in the Western Cape.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. When will the development start: The Record of Decision (EIA approval) was received in August 2019. Final rezoning approval is expected in September 2019. Installation of services will commence in January 2020. First transfer of stands will be affected in mid 2020.
2. How does the sales process work: Buyers will sign an intent to purchase and pay a R40,000 deposit into the attorneys trust account. Your agent will make all documentation available to you for perusal and signature. Betterbond has been appointed to assist you with any finance requirements if needed.
3. What will happen to my deposit in the interim: The attorneys will invest the deposit on your behalf and interest earned will be for your benefit. The deposit is refundable
4. What stands are being sold in the first phase: 9-1ha, 13-½ ha, 36-1,300m² and 20-875m² stands = 78 stands in phase one
5. Can I build my own home: Yes, as long as your contractor is accredited with the Home Owners Association and you abide by the Architectural Guidelines done by Osmond Lange Architects.
You may also contract with Manor Homes, who are building the Plot and Plan stands
6. When can I start building: As soon as your stand has been registered into your name - expected mid 2020.
You must complete your building within 3 years
7. What if I don’t build within the 3 years: A penalty levy will charged
8. Can I build a second dwelling: Yes you can, with consent of the local authority
9. Will the developer also sell building packages: Yes, packages are available from Manor Homes. Pricing is available
10. What will be in the wetland area: The wetland is a sensitive ecological area and no future development may take place. A bird hide will be constructed and all pathways will be pedestrian and elevated wooden in nature.
11. How does solar work: The developer, in conjunction with Genesis Eco-energy, will install a fully operation solar system on your home’s roof. This will be at no cost to the owner, electricity will be billed monthly
12. Do I have access to the 9 hole Golf course, Bowling Club or Sports club: Yes, all owners will have automatic membership to the Sports club, which will be included in the levies. There will be direct pedestrian, bicycle and golf cart access onto the golf course.
13. What about schooling: Darling College (a private school from pre-primary to grade 7) (20 years old) is walking distance away. High school - There are currently busses running to Malmesbury and Curro Langebaan. A bus to Melkbos Strand Private School will be operational from 2020.
14. What security will there be: The estate will be fully fenced with smart security access control
15. What are the levies for and how much: Levies are expected to be R950/month (this includes membership to the Sports club (all facilities), 24 hour security, access control, common property maintenance and gardening and maintenance of cycling and running/walking routes on the extended adjacent properties
16. What green initiatives will the development have: Solar power for the estate, recycling of waste will be promoted, individual harvesting of rain water for use as grey water, each house to have a collection tank installed. The developer is also investigating a grey water system that will feed off the sports club’s/Darling town’s excess grey water
17. I’m a mountain biker, what can I expect: @Darling Green, in conjunction with World Sport, wants Darling to form part of the "big four" cycling locations in the Western Cape, closing the loop of Durbanville, Paarl and Wellington. This will create in excess of 500km of mountain biking track. Watch this space!
18. What is happening on the adjacent vacant property: The land owner owns the adjacent land, which is approx. 434ha in addition to the 66ha of the Estate i.e. 500ha in total. Residents @Darling Green Estate will have direct access to the rest of the property for mountain biking, trials, horse riding, walking and the like
19. What is planned for the M.T.B. village
A fractional title offering is in the planning stages. Watch this space for more information
20. What is planned on the Daling Trading Post property: The details are still to be finalised, but it will be similar to a Spice Route/Route 44
21. When will the retirement village be developed and what will the nature of ownership be: 250 units are planned. The developer will finalise the ownership model and timeline by mid 2020
22. Will there be fiber: Yes. The estate will be fiber ready as the secondary WAX cable to Cape Town runs past the estate’s entrance
23. Will there be a Body Corporate or Home Owners Association (HOA): Yes. Each owner will become a member of the HOA
24. Will I need to pay VAT or transfer duty: The selling price includes VAT and no transfer duty is payable. You will however by responsible for the transfer fees and bond registration fees, if you will be using bank finance
25. What about bank finance: The development has been approved for end user finance for land sales. You can discuss your requirements with Betterbond, the home loan originator.
26. Who is the professional team: Please visit darlinggreenestate website PARTNERS for more info
27. Who will fence my stand: Each owner will be required to fence their own property. On the Plot and Plan stands, the perimeter fencing will be included in the building package.
28. Are horses and pets allowed: Yes, in line with the HOA rules
29. How many horses may I own: A maximum 4 horses on 1ha stands and 2 on ½ha stands. Horses are not allowed on smaller stands
30. Can I sink a borehole: Yes you may, but only on hectare and ½ha stands
31. Who is the developer: The land owner, with extensive property development experience
32. What clubhouse facilities will be available: We want all landowners to make full use of the Darling Sports Club amenities and thus only a swimming pool, and a braai area and offices for the HOA will be at the club-house facility
Please visit darlinggreenestate dot co dot za website for more information and documentation.
Yzerfontein - 25km Malmesbury (Hospital) - 40km Cape Town international airport - 80km Cape Town city center - 80k Blouberg Strand - 55km Langebaan – 60km